Commercial Kitchen Ventilation Specialists
A member of our extraction and ventilation team can visit your premises to assess and advise on the type of extraction needed.
If a new installation we can assist with:
- Support with local authorities and planning permissions - we can provide design and drawings only or provide full support by communicating directly with the planners and attending all site meetings. We will very often work with the your own consultants and architects.
- Background noise assessments compliant with any planning constraints outlined in BS4142/1997
- Design of new extraction and ventilation systems that are compliant with the current legal guidelines in document DW172 and BS4142/1997
- Reduction of control of exhaust odours in line with DEFRA guidance notes
If an existing installation we can assist with:
- Assessment of your current system and advice on its effectiveness and compliance
- Adaptation of your existing extraction system to make it compliant or suitable for new cooking equipment to be purchased.
- Canopy cleaning to TR19, which is probably a yearly requirement by your insurers and should be carried out to reduce fire risk
A commercial extraction system is a vital part of your commercial kitchen and often required by law, especially where the cooking equipment is gas or solid fuel. It is required to safely extract gasses, particles and heat from the kitchen atmosphere. Gasses (carbon monoxide, un-burned gas and steam) should be ducted to the outside and discharged in the correct position externally.
Particles (smoke and grease) are controlled by the use of the more traditional baffle grease filters or carbon filters and where required UV filters. Heat is removed from the commercial kitchen area by providing a number of air changes per hour and the provision of active or passive make-up air.
Our Extraction Canopy Services
Our experienced estimator and canopy designer would visit your premises to correctly assess your requirements and plan installation practicalities and duct routes.
We would then produce a quotation for the required works along with CAD drawings, if required.
Once an order is confirmed your bespoke extraction canopy is manufactured by our specialist stainless steel fabricators before our team delivers it to site and carries out installation.
We can also carry out the following:
- Removal of any existing extraction system
- Installation of new system, fans, filters and ductwork
- Any related building works
- Electrical connection and gas installations including provision of gas safety interlock systems and knock-off switches.
- We are able to provide an annual deep clean of the canopy and associated ductwork
- Carry out any maintenance or repair of fan and controller components