Tillingham Wines, Peasmarsh
|Who we worked with||Tillingham Wines|
|Completion date||June 2019|
|Project duration||4 weeks|
- CAD design
|Key brands used||
- Blue Seal
Tillingham is set amongst 70 acres of rolling hills and woodlands with far-reaching views along the Tillingham River valley and across to the fortified, hilltop town of Rye, East Sussex, to the sea and the Romney salt marshes beyond.
Over the last year, our client Ben has developed the farm buildings into an 11 bedroom hotel, a restaurant, shop and bar - our remit was to design and build a commercial kitchen and provide stainless steel furniture and equipment for the bar areas.
We had a number of distinct works areas to complete.
- The ground floor preparation room is a fully hygienic room with Bioclad Upvc walls and Altro slip-resistant flooring and with its walk-in cold room will be used to support a future project onsite that at the time of writing is not complete - we won't spoil the surprise and will let Ben announce this.
- For the ground floor bar, we designed and built a 5-meter stainless steel under-bar and provided bar appliances such as bottle coolers and other beverage making appliances.
- On the first floor, we created a hygienic room that served as both a wash-up area and a storage and food preparation area to support the adjacent kitchen and main restaurant.
- The main feature on the first floor is, of course, the open plan kitchen which gives diners full visibility of the complete kitchen.
In this area, we provided a new extraction ventilation system, a Blue Seal cookline and a Rational combi oven along with a range of refrigerators, freezers and stainless steel furniture.
- As with the downstairs bar we designed and built the under-bar stainless steel furniture and provided beverage appliances.
This site has fully opened September 2019 is now well set to develop over the coming year and we expect to see exciting things from our client Ben Walgate.